January 20, 2012

HATS

If there's one thing I love, it's coming up with ideas. Whenever I'm taking part in some kind of brainstorming session, and ideas are really desperately needed, I'm usually the go-to guy. My ideas are usually considered bizarre and unfeasible (I'm inclined to disagree), but people seem to enjoy hearing what I have to say, anyway.

Here's another idea. I think it's a good idea; whether you think it is a good one, or "a load of shit, James", it doesn't matter to me. My ideas are for my own enjoyment.

You know how when you buy a hat at the store, you have to buy a specific one? You can't get a hat that says whatever you want on it. Unless there's a place online to buy custom hats, I guess; but even if there is, you have to wait for it arrive. Plus, you have to pay money for it!!! It seems like you have to pay money for EVERYTHING these days. BUT, I have a way to cut hats out of your list of expenses.

It's called Build-Your-Own-Hat. It's not a product. It's not a store, either. It's sort of a manifesto; a way of life, if you will. What it is, is you set up a hatmaking shop in your garage. You don't have to buy the denim and other fabrics; you collect them yourself. (The manifesto tells you how to do this.)

The great thing about this is that you can not only build your own hats, but you can build hats to give to other people! And they can tell you what they want a hat of. I wouldn't recommend selling the hats, though, because that goes against what I intended for Build-Your-Own-Hat to be. Instead of making all of your friends and neighbors your hat-slave, you should help them learn Build-Your-Own-Hat for themselves.

How do you learn it? It's easy. Go to the website Build-Your-Own-Hat.org. (It's .org because it's an organization.)

You might ask: James, how did I come up with this idea?! I came up with it because I KEEP LOSING MY DAMN HATS!

1 comment:

  1. After reading your post about how terrible your previous post were, I thought I'd check one out. I'm here to say they are not that terrible, well this one isn't.

    This one has a nice bear ring to it.

    Where do you lose your hats? Unless you're some sort of blind mind that has no fingers, I don't get how you can lose hats.

    You do love commas and for some reason ; ...it's ugly and it's smells like Canada.

    ReplyDelete