January 18, 2012

SPIDERS

Spiders don't really scare me, like most things do. In fact, I think spiders are kind of neat. But then I found out about "crawling".

Okay, by "found out", I admit that what I mean is I went into the settings for my blog, and it asked me if I wanted to let search engines "crawl" my blog for results. It doesn't even matter what that really means, because the image it puts in my head is more powerful than any kind of "real" definition.

From what I understand, Google and other search engines will send crypto-mechanical computer spiders, similar to computer viruses, to your blog. They will then literally crawl all over the pages of your blog and "gather" search results with their fangs!!!!

I want people to be able to find my blog when they use Google, but there's just GOT to be another way.

And as I said, I know this isn't considered the "real" way that search results are created; but as they say, the imagination is just as real as the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment